Proving Your Income for a Mortgage

Proving Your Income for a Mortgage

posted on November 18, 2017

by: Ian Marlow / 0 comments / PersonalProperty TaxTax Planning

Proving your income for a mortgage has often proved a challenge. If you were applying for a mortgage, lenders used to ask for an original copy of the form  SA302 which HMRC would print and send direct to you. This is a service HMRC no longer provide but they have now provided a list of lenders who will accept accept either:

  • a copy of your tax calculation (SA302) printed from your HMRC online account, or
  • a tax calculation printed from commercial software used to submit returns

The lenders will also need a tax year overview, which can be printed from the HMRC online account.
The lenders on this list have agreed to accept tax calculations and tax year overviews that customers or their agents/accountants have printed themselves.
Proving your income for a mortgage should now be simpler and quicker. However, it’s always advisable to check with the lender or mortgage provider exactly what they require as evidence of your income as the requirements vary from lender to lender.

Alternative Text

Ian Marlow

New Client Manager

Ian Marlow, an Elite Advisor for Quickbooks Online, has a passion for helping individuals and businesses in all aspects of online accounting and leads an experienced team of tax and accounting professionals.
November 18, 2017
Top read posts


HfM Tax & Accounts Winner 2019 - HfMTax.
Personal Tax Returns Adviser of the Year 2018 - HfMTax.
2016 Tax Awards Winner - Best UK Personal Tax Service Provider 2016